||Lemon Cheese cake bars
No need to wait for a special occasion for cheesecake. Enjoy these creamy lemon bars tonight.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8-oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon yellow food coloring, (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine flour and powdered sugar in medium bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until crumbly.
- Press onto bottom and 1-inch up sides of 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Place cream cheese, eggs, evaporated milk, granulated sugar, flour, lemon juice, lemon peel and food coloring in blender container; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into partially baked crust.
- Bake for additional 15 minutes or until set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Spread sour cream over top; refrigerate.
- Cut into bars.
- Garnish as desired.