||Lemon Tea Bread
The lemon glaze adds an extra hint of sweetness to bake-and-serve bread.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease 8- or 9-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, vegetable oil, lemon juice, and lemon peel in small mixer bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture alternately with evaporated milk just until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan; brush top of bread with Glaze.
- Serve warm or cool completely on wire rack.
- Combine lemon juice and sugar in small saucepan
- bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 1 minute.